Blue Carbon Society (BCS) was co-founded by Mrs. Thippaporn and Dr. Jwanwat Ahriyavraromp as a community of friends who wish to protect and conserve ‘blue carbon’ ecosystems that help counter climate change.
Friends of BCS work hand in hand to conserve and restore natural habitats such as mangroves, seagrass meadows, and salt marshes in order to grow ‘forests in the sea’ that provide a global ‘carbon sink’.
These enriched habitats will help protect wildlife as the foundation for the sustainable development of marine and coastal environments.
An association that inspires global action to improve the capacity of marine and coastal environments to combat climate change.
1. Blue Climate - Enhance the capacity of marine and coastal ecosystems to absorb carbon
2. Blue Diversity - Protect and conserve the biodiversity of marine and coastal ecosystems
3. Blue Activity - Develop activities that help human communities and natural ecosystems to co-exist in a balanced way
4. Blue Research - Become a knowledge hub for conserving marine and coastal ecosystems
5. Blue Partnership - Create and sustain a network of alliances for blue carbon activities
6. Blue People - Develop human capital for sustaining marine and coastal biodiversity and ecosystems